It’s a common misconception that a
Bachelor of Arts Degree is only for those who are of the “artful” persuasion. In fact, it couldn’t be further from the truth. Whilst it may be for the creative, it’s also for the freethinkers, free-speakers and communication mavericks. Those who misunderstand it often criticise it for being “too broad” but at Varsity College, we happen to think that’s the true beauty of it.
At Varsity College we like to arm you with the knowledge that you need to take life to the next level. The decision making however, we like to leave up to you. Is a Bachelor of Arts Degree for you? Only you can make that call, but we can give you the low down on one of our most popular and interesting courses
Here’s why a “BA” Degree may just be for you:
- Well, for starters it encompasses a variety of areas and interests, allowing you to choose a speciality that best suits you. At Varsity College we offer three subject combinations that you can choose from. These are; English and Communication Science, English and Psychology; and Psychology and Communication Science.
- What will you cover during your course? Think advanced writing and verbal skills, conceptualisation and critical thinking, general communication skills and how to best provide the communication tactics valued by organisations, the world over.
- What industries could you work in with a BA? We’re happy to say that the avenues you could venture down are as vast and creative as the qualification itself! Fancy yourself a journalist or psychologist? Perhaps you see yourself as copywriter or account executive in the fast-paced world of advertising? You could even find yourself taking up proofreading, script writing, teaching, media consulting or community managing. Yes, you heard that last one right. You could even run social media accounts for a living… (Where do we sign up?)
- The IIE BA Degree is made up of 28 modules and lectures are held in our state-of-the-art wireless facilities on our campuses. In addition to this, our class sizes are smaller which adds to the student support offered by our lecturers. Not only does this make for a more interactive learning experience, but it also gives us the module pass and distinction rates that we have come to be so proud of. (Which, for the record are 82.7% and 22%, respectively).
- To obtain this Degree, you must pass all 28 modules with a minimum aggregate of 50% per module.
- A BA is the perfect grounding for further post-graduate studies to enter fields such as teaching and counselling.
At Varsity College, we offer tuition support for qualifications conferred by the IMM Graduate Institute of Marketing (IMM GSM). Our academic partnerships with international institutions like The Open University (OU) of the United Kingdom and the International College of Hotel Management (ICHM) mean that our qualifications are recognised ones!
If you’re interested in an IIE BA Degree, or if you’d like to know more about other programmes and qualifications offered by Varsity College, a brand of The Independent Institute of Education (IIE), please visit our website today