Are you technically minded? Do you have an interest in computers? Do you have the ability to think logically while still being creative? Perhaps you should consider studying a
diploma in Information Technology (IT.)
The IT industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the world, which is why there is currently such a huge demand for IT specialists.
Having an IT qualification doesn’t only mean you’ll be highly sought after, it means that you’ll be able to pick and choose from a variety of jobs. Here are a few exciting jobs you could choose from:
- Mobile app developer: You’ll be involved in the entire life cycle of an app - this includes conceptualisation, designing, building, deploying, testing, releasing and you’ll play a role in app support. You’ll work alongside the web developers to create and maintain a framework to support apps and you’ll have the opportunity to create user interfaces and experiences.
- Web developer: You’ll be in charge of building websites and making them run smoothly. Your job will include the designing, building, and implementation of new web pages and websites.
- Ethical hacker/ white hat hackers: Your job involves thinking like a hacker, you’ll have to figure out the weak points of computer systems and find the best ways to fix them.
- Games developer: Your job will involve the creation, design and production of games for a variety of operating systems, such as computers, consoles, arcade games, games for mobile phones and online games to name a few. Your job will also include creating animation and audio, programming and game testing.
- Software engineer: Your job will involve creating the programmes that run on mobile devices and computers. You’ll be in charge of designing, developing, and maintaining software.
At Varsity College we offer tuition support for two IT diplomas, namely, a Diploma in
Information Technology in Network Management (DipITNMgt) and a Diploma in Information Technology in Software Development (DipITSofD). Both of these diplomas are internationally recognized, opening you up to a host of opportunities in the IT field.
Both of these qualifications are registered by the South African Qualifications Authority and aligned with the HEQF at level 6. They’re accredited by the HEQC of the CHE as a Higher Education qualification, which is in connection with The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE.)
The Independent Institute of Education degrees, diplomas and certificates are offered on Varsity College campuses. In addition Varsity College offers tuition support for qualifications of The University of the Free Sate (UFS), University of South Africa (UNISA) and the IMM Graduate Institute of Marketing (IMM GSM) and has academic partnerships with international institutions such as The Open University of the UK (OU) and the International College of Hotel Management (ICHM).
If you would like more information about Information Technology diplomas, or you’d like to inquire about other programmes available to you, contact Varsity College or visit the Varsity College website at: