Ndimphiwe Nathan Ndabankulu
IIE Diploma in Information Technology in Network Management
Description of your duties on a daily basis
GRADUATED CLASS OF 2016
Company: Interactive Solutions
Why did you choose the qualification you studied?
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and network operating system
- Provide orientation to new users of existing technology
- Provide individual training and support request
- Provide recommendations about accessing information and support
- Troubleshoot all technology issues
- Maintain log and/or list of required repairs and maintenance
- Make recommendations about purchase of technology resources
- Research current and potential resources and services
- Provide network access to all staff
At first I wanted to study Sports Management (as I am a big fan of sports), but my father persuaded me to do Information Technology instead and I have never regretted the decision because I love IT.
Is your qualification relevant to your job? If so, did your studies adequately prepare you for your job?
Yes, my qualification is relevant to my job. Modules such as Computer Architecture (A+), Network Architecture (N+) and CNOS, amongst others, have adequately prepared me for my job
What is your greatest achievement to date career wise?
Securing my first job has been the greatest achievement to date. Not everyone in this age gets an opportunity to get a job just after completing their studies.
What are your future career plans?
I would like to be an IT Executive with more responsibilities.
How has the Career Centre assisted you while you were at The IIE’s Varsity College?
The Career Centre gave me great tips to prepare for interviews and assisted with drafting an amazing CV. They also sent my CV to companies for certain jobs listed on the Career Centre job directory.
What was the one thing that stood out the most for you about Varsity College?
The ambience stood out the most for me. At times I could not tell whether I was at campus or at home.
What advice would you give to students who are looking for or about to embark on their first job?
Always be eager to learn as much as you can, as this will get you far in your job and in life. Look for a job that you will love, because after all, that is what you will spend most of your time doing.