Preparing for a Career
CURRENT STUDENTS AND VC ALUMNI ARE ENCOURAGED TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE FOLLOWING CAREER CENTRE SUPPORT SERVICES TO KICK-START THEIR CAREER:
- One-on-one consultations with the Career Centre Coordinator (CCC) on campus allow students to receive support with CV development, interview techniques and mapping out their career expectations and goals. In addition to the soft skills development, the CCC will coach and mentor students through the job application process.
- Accessing the new Career Centre portal grants students exposure to a wealth of interactive career tools, e-learning content and the latest job opportunities.
- The online Job directory allows students to apply for part-time, full-time and graduate employment opportunities.
- Attend various Employability Workshops, Events, Employer Showcases and Careers Fairs on campus. These initiatives assist students with developing workplace skills.
- Final year students can explore a range of full-time and graduate career opportunities by attending the annual full-time Careers Fair and Career Information sessions on campus. These are great opportunities to build a network and gain industry knowledge and experience.
- The Career Centre will support final year students through the Graduate Programme Application process. As a member of the South African Graduate Employers Association (SAGEA), The IIE’s Varsity College has access to more than 340 members, representing over 200 organisations – from ABSA to Woolworths – all of whom are potential employers. Although the Career Centre can’t guarantee students or alumni employment, we’re there to help students develop the skills to ultimately secure that career-launching first job.
The Career Centre is a great opportunity for students to get a head start on employability.