• A National Senior Certificate (NSC) with Higher Certificate admission- A minimum of 30 % for English is required; OR
• A National Certificate (Vocational) NC(V) with Higher Certificate admission – A minimum of 40 % in English on either First Additional Language or Home Language level, with a minimum of 30 % in either Mathematics or Mathematics Literacy, a minimum of 40% in Life Orientation and a minimum of 50% in four vocational subjects; OR
• A Senior Certificate (SC) (without endorsement) or equivalent– A minimum of five subjects must be passed.
Mature Age Exemption:
• Candidates must have attempted the Senior Certificate, attained the age of 23 before or during the first year of registration with three years’ work experience and proven ability relating to the proposed programme as well as adequate communication skills; OR Candidates must have attained the age of 45 before or during the first year of registration.
Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
Demonstrate suitability for admission in terms of Senate’s resolution 6.6 of 20 October 2005 which allows for Senate’s discretionary conditional admission (if applicable).
Please note, requirements for entry to this qualification are correct at the time of printing, however, these may change. At the time of registration, please check that the entry requirements have not changed.
If you are a foreign student, you must ensure that:
• you have an equivalent qualification to the aforementioned;
• your equivalent qualification is evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA);
• you have a valid study visa issued in the name of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE) that covers the duration of the qualification.
Students who successfully complete the Higher Certificate in Event Management have the option to register for The IIE Bachelor of Arts in Corporate Communication, Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Hospitality Management degrees, or any of The IIE diploma programmes in a cognate discipline. Academic credit for some modules may be given.