• A National Senior Certificate (NSC) with Degree admission – with a minimum of level 4 (50 - 59%) for Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy at level 7 (80 - 100%). For those students who have Mathematics at level 3 (40 - 49%) or Mathematical Literacy at levels 4, 5 or 6 (50 - 79%), an intermediate level (38 or above) in the NBT QL - AQL assessment is required. Students who have Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy at levels lower than the above would not be considered; OR
• A National Certificate (Vocational) (NC(V)) with Degree admission – A minimum of 60 % in English on either First Additional Language or Home Language level AND Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy AND Life Orientation, with a minimum of 70% in the four vocational subjects is required; OR
• A Senior Certificate (SC) with Endorsement (complete/conditional exemption) with a minimum of 40% for Mathematics HG; OR at least 50% for Mathematics SG. For those not meeting the requirements as set out above, a minimum of an intermediate (38 or above) level in the NBT QL- AQL assessment is required; OR
• Alternatively, a Higher Certificate, an Advanced Certificate or 240 or 360 credit Diploma in a cognate field may satisfy the minimum admission requirements to degree studies.If you are an international student, you must ensure that:
• you have an equivalent qualification to the aforementioned which has been evaluated by Universities South Africa;
• you have a valid study visa issued in the name of The IIE that covers the duration of your studies.Mature Age Exemption:
• Candidates must have attained the age of 23 before or during the first year of registration with a Senior Certificate or equivalent with a minimum of 40% in at least four higher or standard grade subjects, at least three of which shall have been passed simultaneously and one of which shall be a recognised higher grade subject; OR
• Candidates must have attained the age of 45 before or during the first year of registration.
Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
Candidates can demonstrate suitability for admission in terms of Senate’s resolution 6.6 of 20 October 2005 which allows for Senate’s discretionary conditional admission (if applicable).
Please note, requirements for entry to this qualification are correct at the time of printing, however, these may change. At the time of registration, please check that the entry requirements have not changed.