• A National Senior Certificate (NSC) with Degree admission- A minimum of 60% for English AND 50 % for Mathematics OR 60 % for Mathematical Literacy coupled with a minimum of 50% for two x DESIGNATED NSC subjects (This excludes LO which is a 10-credit subject); OR
• A National Certificate (Vocational) NC(V) with Degree admission – A minimum of 60% in English on either First Additional Language or Home Language level AND Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy AND Life Orientation, with a minimum of 70% in the four vocational subjects is required; OR
• A Senior Certificate (SC) (with endorsement) or equivalent with a minimum of 60% in English on higher grade AND 50% for Mathematics on higher grade OR 60% for Mathematics on standard grade; OR
• Alternatively, a Higher Certificate or an Advanced Certificate or 240 or 360 credit Diploma in a cognate field may satisfy the minimum admission requirements to degree studies.
If a Higher Certificate, Advanced Certificate or 240 or 360 credit Diploma is not in a cognate field, then at least 20% of the credits of such qualification must relate to academic literacy or academic skills in order for an applicant to be admitted to degree studies. Such applications will be reviewed by the relevant Head of Faculty in collaboration with the Registrar.
Mature Age Exemption:
• Candidates having attained the age of 23 before or during the first year of registration with a Senior Certificate with a minimum of 40% in at least four higher or standard grade subjects, at least three of which shall have been passed simultaneously and one of which shall be a recognised higher grade subject; OR
• Candidates must have attained the age of 45 before or during the first year of registration.
RPL – Candidates who fall outside the above criteria, but who can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of The IIE that they have an appropriate, related qualification or work-based learning, which has taken the candidate to the equivalent of an NQF Level 6 law-related qualification, may be considered for admission into this programme through an RPL process.