• A National Senior Certificate (NSC) with Degree admission- A minimum of 30 % for English coupled with a minimum of 50% for four x DESIGNATED NSC subjects (This excludes Life Orientation which is a 10 credit subject); OR
• A National Certificate (Vocational) (NC(V)) with Degree admission – A minimum of 60 % in English on either First Additional Language or Home Language level AND Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy AND Life Orientation , with a minimum of 70% in the four vocational subjects is required; OR
• A Senior Certificate (SC) (with endorsement) or equivalent; OR
• Alternatively a Higher Certificate, an Advanced Certificate or 240 or 360 credit Diploma in a cognate field may satisfy the minimum admission requirements to degree studies.
If you are an international student, you must ensure that:
• you have an equivalent qualification to the aforementioned which has been evaluated by Universities South Africa;
• you have a valid study visa issued in the name of The IIE that covers the duration of your studies.
If you have not met these minimum entry requirements but have an NSC with higher certificate or diploma entry into higher education, you may wish to consider registering for The IIE's Higher Certificate in Business Principles and Practice (HBPP) first as a pathway to this degree. Further information on this qualification is available from our student advisor team. 3
Mature Age Exemption:
• Candidates having attained the age of 23 before or during the first year of registration with a senior certificate or equivalent with a minimum of 40% in at least four higher or standard grade subjects, at least three of which shall have been passed simultaneously and one of which shall be a recognised higher grade subject and passed on higher grade; OR
• Candidates must have attained the age of 45 before or during the first year of registration.
Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
Candidates can demonstrate suitability for admission in terms of Senate's resolution 6.6 of 20 October 2005 which allows for Senate's discretionary conditional admission (if applicable).
Please note, requirements for entry to this qualification are correct at the time of printing, however, these may change. At the time of registration, please check that the entry requirements have not changed.
Please note - this qualification is offered in the distance mode