• A NSC with Degree admission - A minimum of 50% for English AND 50% for Mathematics OR 80% for Mathematical Literacy; OR
• A NC(V) with Degree admission – A minimum of 60 % in English on either First Additional Language or Home Language level AND Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy AND Life Orientation , with a minimum of 70% in the four compulsory vocational subjects is required; OR
• A SC (with endorsement) and a minimum of 50 % for English AND 50% for Mathematics on higher grade OR 70% for Mathematics on standard grade; OR
• Alternatively, a Higher Certificate, an Advanced Certificate, 240 or 360 credit Diploma in a cognate field may satisfy the minimum admission requirements to degree studies.
Mature Age Exemption:
• Candidates having attained the age of 23 before or during the first year of registration with a senior certificate or equivalent with a minimum of 50% in at least four higher or standard grade subjects, at least three of which shall have been passed simultaneously and one of which shall be a recognised higher grade subject; OR
• Candidates must have attained the age of 45 before or during the first year of registration.
Additional Requirements for the Bachelor of Accounting:
• Students who do not have Accounting as a grade 12 subject or have not obtained 50% for Accounting in grade 12 must complete the Introduction to Accounting course during the first semester of first year.
• Students who have obtained a registered and accredited Advanced Certificate or Higher Certificate in a cognate discipline who do not have a minimum of 70% average for Accounting on that qualification or who did not cover sufficient Accounting on that qualification must complete the Introduction to Accounting course during the first semester of first year.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Candidates can demonstrate suitability for admission in terms of Senate's resolution 6.6 of 20 October 2005 which allows for Senate's discretionary conditional admission (if applicable).
Please note, requirements for entry to this qualification are correct at the time of printing, however, these may change. At the time of registration, please check that the entry requirements have not changed.