Are you a “fundi” when it comes to the ins and outs of economics? Does the thought of studying a broad-based Bachelor of Commerce degree get your heart racing? If you answered, “yes” to both of the above, a
Bcom in Economics from Varsity College could open up a world of limitless career possibilities for you!
The fact of the matter is that money makes the world go round. With this sentiment in mind, what South Africa really needs are more bright, young minds who have something positive to add to its business climate and economy. That being said, studying a Bcom in Economics with Varsity College doesn’t mean that you’ll have to become the CEO of a global corporation if you don’t want to, but with this qualification under your belt, you very well could be.
Here’s to A-Z on one of our most popular Bcom programmes:
- It’s for students who want the benefit of a broad-based Bachelor of Commerce degree, majoring in business management and economic practices.
- It’s designed to open the windows of opportunity within the business realm as well as hone the economics skills of students looking to enter the business world.
- With this particular programme, focus is placed on business and economics within a South African context, creating a solid framework for those wanting to enter the South African business environment both as business owners and in managerial positions.
- The purpose of this Bcom majoring in Economics is a three dimensional approach. The first is to promote access to higher education, the second is to prepare students for a career in the business field and the third is to promote a platform for further studies in business or economics.
- The study areas covered encompass many areas. These include but are not limited to: business management and consulting, corporate advising, financial consulting, banking and insurance and business strategy planning.
- It’s a three-year, full-time degree that consists of weekday lectures held in our state-of-the-art blended learning lecture rooms. These provide students with the best of old learning techniques combined with modern technological advancements.
At Varsity College, we offer a host of support systems for our students. Ranging from career counselling to tuition support for qualifications conferred by the the IMM Graduate Institute of Marketing (IMM GSM). Our academic partnerships with international institutions like The Open University (OU) of the United Kingdom and the International College of Hotel Management (ICHM) mean that our qualifications are ones that are recognised.
If you’re interested in an IIE Bcom degree in Economics, or if you’d like to know more about other programmes and qualifications offered by Varsity College, a brand of The Independent Institute of Education (IIE), please visit our website today,