Varsity College and Sigma Academy have created a programme full of excitement, adventure and personal development.
This 4 – 8 month programme combines formal learning with personal development, giving matriculants between 18 – 26 years the opportunity to discover their own future path. The academic component is provided by Varsity College Westville, while the Sigma Academy specialise in business and leadership development. The 2012 programme starts in mid-March, and engages young people in a unique and exciting life experience.
Practical activities and adventurous pursuits are included in all of the modules – so you can dive at sea, jump from an aeroplane, abseil, hike, camp and cook up a storm while discovering your potential in six key areas, i.e.
- Physical- fitness, health, survival and outdoor activist skills.
- Mental – resourcefulness and creative ability
- Leadership – helping and guiding others
- Relationships – values through loyalty and consideration
- Emotional Fitness – responsibility and personal identity
- Self-Reflection – Developing core values
- Community – Career development and responsibility toward community
- Environmental – nature and conservation
The combination of a rigorous academic and self-development programme gives individuals the opportunity to grow in skill, character and positive self-esteem. This is an opportunity to engage with aspects from across the spectrum of life in order to develop the level of maturity required for a successful, satisfying life.
For more information, contact Cameron Belling on:
Tel: +27 (0) 871 510 518